The King Family

Monday, March 30, 2009

Wow! I'm a little scared!

Yesterday at church I was released from my calling as the 9 year old primary teacher.  I have to say that I loved, loved, loved that calling!  Last year, and now this year I have had the most amazing kids in my class.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't say they were easy, most of them actually, let's say, beat to their own kind of drum!  I think I would have had a hard time dealing when I was younger, but it has been the perfect calling for me the last 8 months!  I have a special place in my heart for every single one of them!  I am really going to miss being their teacher.

Sooooo, the new calling I received is the 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency.  WOW!  Did I say WOW?  I was really surprised!  I think I am excited for a new challenge, and a lot more of my time?  I have not even been to Relief Society for at least 7 years!  I have a LOT to learn!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do great, you are just one of those people where things come naturally. I'm in Relief Society now, and I miss Primary too! Good Luck!

Toni said...

Wow! You'll be great there!!! Is Elise still the president?

hendywow said...

You will be wonderful at this calling! What a fun group of ladies to be serving with!

mrs. timberlake said...

Oh, if Elise is the Pres... I envy any shoes who get to serve next to her.

She is a powerhouse.


Back to you - This calling confirms it.... You are all grown up.