So, Tanner turned 8 last Sunday, and at church they told me that the next Cub Scout (which he could now go to since he was 8) event was going to be the Pinewood Derby. But, they didn't have any car kits left to give him one. I wasn't going to be able to make it across town in the next few days to buy a car kit, so I told Tanner that we would just have to wait until next year. He was so sad. So, I thought, we have lots of friends that have boys, I am sure we can just borrow a car for him to use, so he won't be left out. That is what we did. I was hoping to just fly low, but the car we borrowed had a mind of it's own. It wanted to win, every race! And so it is, Tanner won the Pinewood Derby in his age group last night!
5 comments:
I love it! Go Tanner!
He was so cute last night! It was so funny to watch his borrowed car win race after race!
That is a great story.
Way to go Buddy!
Love it!
the bar is set pretty high now, you do realize :)
Post a Comment