The King Family

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day Run!

Amanda mentioned to me that her friend Mallory was running in the Thanksgiving Day Run at the Peoria Sports Complex and she wanted to do it with her.  I then found out that our friends, the Matthews were also going to run!  So we signed up!  Addy and Tanner ran the 1 mile, and Justin, Amanda, and I all ran the 5K (3.2 miles).  Alyssa was planning to run, but woke up not feeling well.  It worked out well though, because we then had a photographer and coat holder!  It was 46 degrees out and the wind was blowing, it was freezing!!!!  It was so much fun.  I am definitely planning to do this again!



The Family!!



I did it!!!  My first race since grade school! It was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again!

6 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

Melynda! so much fun to get caught up on your family... :)

thanks for all the blog posts!

Bethany said...

That was awesome! I loved it!

Lorie said...

So fun! It is a little far, but every year they have the Turkey Trot in Mesa. There is actually a guy that dresses up like a turkey and runs. You get a special certificate if you beat the turkey!

hendywow said...

Awesome! Hey you need a Whippy Cake button! That is where I am blogging now... I can't seem to keep up my personal blog :)

Bethany Patterson said...

You Go Girl! I will let you know when I do a race up there and you can join me :)

Lindsay said...

That sounds like so much fun! I miss you!