The King Family

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rising to the occasion

Our school had the annual Family Fun Fest on Oct. 17th. Because I am in the PTSO I had to help plan and organize the event. The dunk tank is always a BIG hit, so I volunteered the FBLA club (Future Business Leaders of America) to be in charge of it. Amanda is the president of FBLA so I came home and told her about the assignment. She got right to work on it. The only thing I told her was, FBLA is in charge of the dunk tank. By the next day, she had gone around the school asking teachers, students, and the principal to take a turn in the tank. She then made a schedule and turned it into her leader. She decided to charge $1.00 for 3 tries, and then she made a poster to hang up.

Also last month, during the school ice cream social, FBLA had a table set up to promote their club. Amanda came home from school, made a few cute posters with the cricket, got out a school colored table clothe, a few easel's, and a nice glass bowl for a big bag of jolly ranchers. She then set up a great display for the club. When her leader got there and saw the display she was so impressed, especially since Amanda had not been asked to do this. Then last week Amanda, planned, organized and promoted a membership drive with a scavenger hunt and prizes.

Early in the school year when Amanda announced that she wanted to be the president of FLBA, the leaders were a little hesitant. Now both leaders, at different times, have come to me and complemented Amanda, and told me how impressed they are at how she has really stepped up and taken charge. She has really risen to the occasion! I am really proud of my young leader!



4 comments:

Lindsay said...

WAY TO GO AMANDA!!!

Anonymous said...

It's incredible that she can do such a fabulous job AND be so dang cute all at the same time!

Dawn said...

That is awesome! Sounds like she can get some personal progress signed off. Maybe even a 10 hour project.

SherBear said...

Sounds like she takes after her momma!