The King Family

Monday, May 18, 2009

Promotion Festivities!

The Marshall Ranch Promotion dance was in our backyard Friday night.  The turn out was fantastic (75 of the 90 something kids attended) and everyone had a great time!  I have to say that it looked beautiful!  We have a lot of really great parents at Marshall Ranch that helped pull this event off!  And then we have my great friend Bethany that came over on Friday and spent 6 hours helping me clean my house, and set up the amazing food table and tables!  THANK YOU BETHANY!!!  It was so much fun, I hope we get to have it here again next year when Amanda graduates!

Alyssa with some her friends.
A side view of the food table.
An overall view of the party/dance.
A front view of the food table.
Friday morning started out with the 8th grade awards ceremony.  Alyssa received 2 awards,  Honor Roll, and the Presidential Award for Fitness!  Way to go Alyssa, GOOD JOB!

4 comments:

Becky said...

It looks beautiful! I'm so glad it was a success. Can I reserve your backyard for future Cook Weddings?

Toni said...

B E A U T I F U L!!!! Great job!!!! I can't believe you are going to have a kid in high school next year!!!

Bethany said...

That was so fun, Melynda! Who knew teal could look so good?

Anonymous said...

What a great memory for Alyssa! So sorry I wasn't able to be there to help. Looks like you did a fantastic job! You are an awesome mom!