The King Family

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Graduation - CLASS OF 2009!

Tuesday, May 19th Alyssa graduated from 8th grade!  I cried a couple of days ago when she graduated from kindergarden, and I worked really, really hard to not cry Tuesday night!  I really can't even comprehend how fast time goes by.  I am pretty sure that time went A LOT slower when I was a kid!  The graduation was really nice.  For the first time ever Marshall Ranch held their ceremony at Ironwood High School, instead of outside in the grass at Marshall Ranch.  I was really very grateful for that, I think we were experiencing record breaking heat for the month of May!  (113 degrees is what was showing on my car thermometer!) 

This limo belongs to the dad of one of Alyssa's friends.  They got to go for a ride in it to Peter Piper Pizza after graduation.  Lucky Alyssa, I didn't get to ride in a limo until I was 36!
Alyssa and all of her friends posing for a picture before leaving in the limo!
Finding a beautiful graduation dress with sleeves was IMPOSSIBLE!  My friend Linda Bennett once told me, "A modest dress"  "PRICELESS".  She was right, if you want a dress with sleeves, you are going to pay for it!  Did I really just pay $60.00 just for the sleeves? YEP  ($30 for the fabric to match the dress, and another $30 to have them made!) OUCH!!

She looked BEAUTIFUL!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

She is so pretty. I love the dress. I wish I would of known she needed a dress, I have 2 really cute dresses that I wore in the past that she could of tried on.

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! Now, if she could just make friends with someone whose dad owns a jet...

Becky said...

Graduations are fun but hard not to cry. You did a great job with the dress! She looks so pretty!

mrs. timberlake said...

i. love. her. dress.

i loved it before you mentioned the $60 sleeves.... i love it even more to know you added your own custom flair to it by adding the sleeves.

i was just beginning to think i can only get away with so many shade shirts under things!