Because I don't keep a journal, and I am now considering this as my form of journal, I want to express how thankful I am on this Thanksgiving weekend.
I woke up earlier than the rest of my family Thursday morning and during the quietness of the morning I sat and thought about how many things I have to be grateful for. I thought about my husband, the love he has for me and our children, I thought about our children, Alyssa, Amanda, Addy and Tanner. I thought about my parents and Justin's parents. I thought about my brother's and sister and their spouses and Justin's sister. I thought about my niece's and nephew's. I thought about the good friends I have been blessed with. I thought about my testimony, the gospel, the power of fasting and prayer, the feeling I get when my prayers have been answered. I thought about all of the examples in my life that make me want to be a better person. I thought about the gifts and talents I have been blessed with, and especially for the gift of obedience that I have been blessed with. I thought about things that make be laugh. I thought about things that inspire me. I thought about my home. I thought about my toys. I thought about how lucky I am to live in the USA! I thought about all the times I have been blessed because we paid our tithing. I thought about the trials I have overcome. I thought about the talk I gave in church last week, and how Heavenly Father WILL always be there for us and help us. Thought about how grateful I was that the talk was over! AND I thought about my new favorite saying "I CAN DO HARD THINGS" and thought, life is hard and scary sometimes, but I am grateful for the opportunity I have to prove myself!
I could have gone on all day, but I had to get to work and start cooking the yummy Thanksgiving meal, that we were able to share with some of my family! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
5 comments:
Beautiful Melynda!!!
I am thankful for you! :]
Sometimes, it takes a few quiet moments to realize how many things we have to be thankful for. With all the gloom and doom in the world right now, it's nice to hear someone be so positive.
Hey Melynda,
It looks like you guys have been having lots of fun!Its great to see your adorable family. I love your blog...hopefully we can get together sometime for the holidays
P.S. I have deleted my blog but Calli still has hers it is www.calpep.blogspot.com
Love ya
Post a Comment